How to apply:
The Twin Cities Iranian Culture Collective invites artists to apply for its third annual Iranian Culture Festival Art Exhibition. Entries are being accepted through Saturday, June 30.
The exhibition will be on display at the Hopkins Center for the Arts from August 5 – September 11, with selected works also to be shown at the Landmark Center in St. Paul from September 16 – October 24.
The exhibition is open to residents of Minnesota and western Wisconsin, including Iranian and Iranian-American artists and any other artists whose work is inspired by Iran’s cultural and artistic traditions.
Successful applicants will be notified on or before July 15. Artists whose work is accepted for the exhibition will receive an honorarium.
The Twin Cities Iranian Culture Collective is a non-political, non-religious non-profit organization with a mission of sharing Iran’s rich cultural and artistic heritage with the broader Minnesota community.
Media: Works in two-dimensional and three-dimensional media are eligible, including painting, drawings, calligraphy, photography, sculpture, dioramas, digital and video, etc.
Entries must be original work not exhibited in previous Twin Cities Iranian Culture Collective shows. Copies, class work, or fragile work will not be considered. Work requiring more than normal careful handling is not eligible. The Twin Cities Iranian Collective Committee reserves the right to determine acceptability.
- Make sure that your email address is accurate. Later Twin Cities Iranian Culture Collective committee communications will use this email address.
- Image files submitted should be between 1MB to 5MB.
- Maximum width of the horizontal dimension is 60 inches.
- Free-standing sculpture must fit through a standard door space and be light enough such that a manual dolly can handle the work. All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap – no staples showing on the edges is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth or photo hangers. Drawings, prints, photographs, watercolors, and batik not under glass or plexiglass must be completely fixed to a backing board.
Requirement for applying:
Total Media images – Minimum: 2, Maximum: 5.
Email the images of your work to email@example.com
- Accepted entries must remain on exhibit for the duration of the exhibition if accepted.
- All accepted work must have the name of the artist and the title of the work placed on the back, preferably on the upper left hand corner, or on the bottom or the back of sculptures.
SALES Any accepted work that the artist chooses to list for sale will be sold, as displayed, through the Hopkins Center for Arts will collect sales tax and retain a 30% sales commission. NOTE: Sale price includes frame, please price work accordingly.